PART OF A JOURNAL ENTRY ENTITLED: 'I Raised Sea Turtles and Octopi' May 1st 2026
Then his eyes opened wide, his neck expanded with muscle and his arms broke free from the restraints that had held his arms. His hands grasped the rope above him and up went his feet. He had his legs extended out from his hips and now was climbing the rope. The singing had stopped and screams began to fill the air. Then his skin began to change color, and all those long black hairs began to grow, and his head was now out of the loop, I didn’t see how that happened. This catlike creature with fangs now dangled on that rope by its two hands with claws. Then as it observed the crowd something drew its gaze up and it began to climb hat rope into the tree. Then that rope must have been released and all those new limbs windmilled in the air as gravity prevailed. Once this cat like thing fell it immediate jumped up and caught a limb in that tree and I could hear the men scream as some dropped due to death and others in their attempt to escape. Many bodies fell from that hangman tree, and some bolted off into the swamp while others ran calling out names and grabbing hands of the women and children as they ran away into the swamp. I was in the arms of a scared girl and then as this group milled about and hands were grabbed and the mob reduced into nothing, I found myself on my belly in the grass. I do remember that the girl held onto me and then an adult woman took me and then a man pulled her arm, and I fell out of her grasp. I was alone in the sunshine close to that table as I heard voices calling out and whistles being made and then those sounds that accompany wounds. Alone again in one of Roberts acts of mayhem that killed the innocent and left the wounded screaming for help that may never come. Robert, in his beastly form, would not be far and whoever returned to save the dying would join them permanently.

Comments
Post a Comment