SHORT STORY ENTRY: 'THE PURPOSE OF THEIR CURSE' - WORDS I HAD TO SAY

 



In elementary school I paid little attention to what might get me beat.  Basically, they beat me all the time, my focus was on how to minimize their attacks and the pain they caused me.  I learned to twist and turn when blows came down if I could make them miss or deflect their angle from a solid target to a turning curve then the pain was lessened.  If I had to play downstairs then I stayed close to the front or back door, if they moved unexpectantly or raised their voice then I could dash out.  I also developed a preemptive tactic that I employed if I wanted to eat or pass by where they were sitting.  Out loud I would blurt phrases such as, “I’m so stupid” or “I’m so ugly” this allowed me to beat them to the punch when it came to verbal abuse and since I was not smiling and seemed to be distraught, they attacked less.  This effort to minimize my self-worth and reflection was a camouflage from the predators that I called parents.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REQUEST FOR FEDERAL VIOLENT-CRIME INTAKE: GET THIS TO SPECIAL AGENT MERV MASON 2026

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS MERV MASON: REQUEST FOR INDEPENDENT FBI INTAKE 2026

ITS ABOUT TIME TO SEND THE DEAD HOME 2026: PROPOSED CITIZEN COLD-CASE TASK FORCE